Yesterday, I had a discussion about Aryan Invasion to
- This is a good Web site to start from. It provides details about how this theory came up and details the work of several historians including Max Muller and explains flaws in the theory. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_invasion_theory
- This one gives the whole history of
and the supposed Aryan invasion. http://www.fsmitha.com/h1/ch05.htm Indus Valley
- Since I am a PhD student I like proofs with lot of experimental and empirical evidence. This is a technical paper written by researchers in Anthropology in US,
Indiaand and probably more reliable source. http://jorde-lab.genetics.utah.edu/elibrary/Bamshad_2001a.pdf UK
According to this theory, the Hindu culture prevalent in
- This one gives a good logical explanation about why the concept of Aryan invasion is invalid. http://www.hindubooks.org/david_frawley/myth_aryan_invasion/mechanics_of_the_aryan/page1.htm
- This article summarizes the work done by Hindu scholars and talks about Vedic roots to the Aryan theory. http://www.clubs.psu.edu/up/vedicsociety/EssayAryan.htm
- This is a nice article that explains the myth of Aryan invasion with the help of historical evidence. http://www.geocities.com/dipalsarvesh/bvgiri.html
Ultimately, I think that we are too limited with knowledge and resources in order to decide what exactly has happened in past. But whatever the history may be, the only thing we need to agree upon is that there is only one religion, the religion of mankind. All different kinds of practices in various religions are just various ways to help us follow the right spiritual path.
Let me know what your views on this topic are.